The very first mantra for staying fit is “FOCUS ON YOUR HEALTH AND NOT WEIGHT”. A positive mindset can change your perception towards life even if you are going through a tough phase in life.
- You should start your day with a glass of water with empty stomach.
- Meditation is a good start to stay positive and get inner peace. Alternatively, you can begin your daily exercises with a 10 min of stretching and warm up before an intense workout. Make a regular habit of workout be it going to gym, dancing, swimming, zumba classes, jogging, walking, brisk walking or anything that you find engaging and that make you happier. Take out some time for yourself from your busy schedule. I am sure, this will have a positive impact and you will be livelier.
- A balanced diet is must to live healthier. Include more leafy green veggies, salads, olive oil, salmon, eggs, oats, fruits, dairy products. Make sure your diet includes all necessary fibers, proteins, carbohydrate, vitamins and minerals.
- Keep yourself hydrated in order to maintain proper fluid content during or after intense workout. You can opt for energy drinks, juice, smoothies, shakes, beverages, green tea. The electrolyte content of body should be maintained to make sure there is no dehydration.
- Indulge in Outdoor activity such as sports, or riding bicycle, walking, jogging.
- Cut out larger proportion of meal; instead make a habit of having smaller proportion of meals (5-6 times). This will not make you feel hungry throughout the day and improve your metabolism rate. Also there won’t be much load on your digestive system at once.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol, drugs, tobacco or smoking. This can have an adverse affect if not controlled at the earliest.
- Make a habit of sleeping for 7-8 a day. This will help you get refreshed and prepared for the next day. While you sleep, body muscles get rejuvenated and revive for a better day.